|Study Mode:||Fulltime or part time|
|Skills for All Price:||$14,000 (Eligible domestic learners only)|
Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda (domestic enrolments)
The origin of Naturopathy can be traced right back to the Vedic period wherein the dietary principles (Pathya and Ahara) and the principles of health (Swastha Vurtha) described in Ayurveda have branched out and developed in the form of modern day Naturopathy. Ayurveda has the most comprehensive knowledge of nutritional treatment of diseases involving energetics, right food combinations, frequency, right preparation, seasonal effects etc which all affect healing at the physical, mental and spiritual level.
Ayurveda focuses on absolute perfect health and not disease; it embraces all areas of life – health, career, relationships and universal spirituality. Experienced Ayurvedic Practitioners can achieve wonderful results through sophisticated detoxification processes, lifestyleadvice, diet, exercise and herbal therapy. Our accredited Educators include experienced Ayurvedic Practitioners some of whom originally trained in India and now work in the west.
Ayurvedic training at EQUALS covers
- Ayurvedic Nutrition
- Ayurvedic Cooking
- Kitchen Pharmacy
- Herbal Therapy
- Pulse diagnosis
- Yoga & Pranayama
- Ayurvedic Massage & Aromatherapy
- Meditation & Mantra therapy
- Vastu Shastra (pre-cursor of Feng Shui)
- Lifestyle Counseling
The Advanced Diploma of Ayurveda program is dedicated to the integration of authentic, ancient Vedic education with the enlightened Western ideas of today.
Ayurveda offers a diverse range of career pathways, and opportunities are increasing with the acceptance of Ayurveda into western medicine. Typical career options include:
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Management Consultant,
- Ayurvedic Massage Therapist,
- Ayurvedic Practitioner,
- Health Food Consultant,
- Ayurvedic Cook,
- Vedic Life Coach,
- Yoga & Meditation Practitioner.
All students participate in a structured industry clinic placement which is negotiated with a suitable industry approved facility. While placement is conducted at a mutually agreed facility, placement hours can be completed flexibly.
Selected EQUALS Ayurveda students may be offered the opportunity to participate in clinical placement at a leading Ayurvedic Hospital in India. * Clinical placement costs / travel / accommodation etc are at an additional cost.
2014 Intake & Application Closure Dates
|Intake Commencing||Application Status|
|July 2014||26 May 2014|
Current and valid Senior First Aid certificate, Department of Communities & Social Inclusion (DCSI) Screening Checks for working with Vulnerable People, with Children, and in the Aged Care Sector, & Physical Fitness are required for this program.
If you do not hold a current DCSI check, you are required to apply through DCSI at the time of application for enrolment at EQUALS. A DCSI check must be acquired prior to industry placement. Visit http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening for further information.
Please note that the outcome of your DCSI screening check may affect industry placement opportunities, and that this is at the discretion of placement host facilities.
A Senior First Aid certificate is a pre-requisite for industry placement. If you do not hold a current Senior First Aid certificate, EQUALS can assist you to arrange this; additional course fees apply. Alternatively you can complete Senior First Aid at an outside provider and provide EQUALS with a certified copy of your certificate prior to Clinic/Placement.
- BSBFLM303C Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- HLTCOM502C Develop professional expertise
- HLTCOM503D Manage a practice
- HLTCOM404C * Communicate effectively with clients
- HLTCOM406C Make referrals to other health care professionals when appropriate
- HLTFA311A * Apply first aid
- HLTHIR501B Maintain an effective health work environment
- HLTIN504C Manage the control of infection
- HLTOHS300B * Contribute to OHS processes
- HLTAP401B * Confirm physical health status This unit is a pre-requisite to all Massage Units.
- HLTAP501C Analyse health information
- CHCORG428A Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAYV610C Perform ayurvedic remedial massage health assessment
- HLTAYV611C Provide ayurvedic remedial massage treatment
- HLTAYV412C * Provide ayurvedic lifestyle consultation
- HLTAYV613C Provide ayurvedic treatment
- HLTAYV615C Apply ayurvedic diagnostic framework
- HLTAYV601C Plan ayurvedic herbal medicine treatment strategy - Dravyaguna
- HLTAYV602C Plan ayurvedic treatment strategy
- HLTAYV603C Prepare and dispense ayurvedic herbal medicine - Dravyaguna
- HLTAYV404C * Provide ayurvedic advice on nutrition
- HLTAYV605C Provide ayurvedic herbal medicine treatment
- HLTAYV607C Plan ayurvedic remedial massage treatment strategy
- HLTAYV608C Manage work within the ayurvedic framework
- HLTAYV609C Perform ayurvedic health assessment